Level 3 Unit Standards
Welcome to Level 3 BCATS!!
There are eight Level 3 BCATS unit standards, which are:
- Flexible enough so that teachers/students can select their own projects in any of BCITO's 15 sectors providing they meet the Stage 3 BCATS project criteria.
- Able to be achieved by undertaking projects in any of BCITO’s trades.
- Able to be achieved in school workshops, training establishments, outdoor areas, and/or in the workplace during industry placements (‘work experience’).
- Explicit that attaining commercial competence is not a requirement.
- Suitable for students to take as a subject as well as for those participating in 3+2, Gateway, or Youth Guarantee programmes.
- Responsive to the reality that some students will likely be enrolled for a full school year, whereas others may be able to engage in BCATS for only part of it.